CAPLA’s Quality Assurance Webinar Series - Webinar 1
Conversations about Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Quality Assurance in the Canadian Context
When: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 12:00 noon (Eastern time)
Length: 60 minutes
Fee: The webinar is FREE but you are required to register.
Who: This introductory session will appeal to a wide range of participants including:
- current RPL users
- those wanting to learn how and why other sectors use RPL
- individuals interested in quality assurance and its implications for practice
The WHAT, WHO and WHY of PLAR/RPL in Canada and reflections on quality practice
Welcome to CAPLA’s virtual discussions on quality assurance for the Recognition of Prior Learning (also called Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition) and its implications for practice. A series of webinars, along with other activities, are taking place, as part of a larger project entitled Ensuring Quality Assessment Practices through Training and Collaboration, with funding by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition program.
RPL is not defined in exactly the same way by different groups and stakeholders but the intent and purpose is often similar. Our first webinar will explore what RPL means to people from a range of perspectives, as webinar participants share their views. All input will help inform and guide our process and project outcomes, resulting in a RPL Framework and Manual that will
- enhance the assessment of immigrants and other learners through RPL across various contexts
- promote a culture of continuous improvement
- increase organizational effectiveness
- contribute to more effective ways of assessing and recognizing non-traditional learners who have been disadvantaged in the labour force for a variety of reasons
- Deb Blower - Chair, CAPLA RPL Standards Working Group; Red River College
- Philip Mondor - Treasurer, CAPLA Board of Directors; Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council Webinar
- (Moderator) Gail Hall - Adult Learning and Recognition Consultant
Print version of this notice is attached.