You are invited to:
Manitoba Prior Learning Assessment Network (MPLAN)
Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
10:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
eTV Studio B, GM33 – Notre Dame Campus, Red River College
Please join us at this year’s AGM to hear the reports from MPLAN Board members and discuss ideas for moving forward.
We hope to see you on May 2, 2018. Please register onlineso we know how many people to expect.
For 22 years, MPLAN has been working successfully with the RPL community of practice to build knowledge of and update practices in RPL.
Benefits to members include:
- Helping those new to the RPL field build the knowledge, attitudes, confidence and recognition required to succeed as prior learning practitioners.
- Offering update sessions about new RPL practices and activities such as the upcoming PD session "____" (stay tuned for more details coming soon!).
- Sharing RPL practices among Regulatory Bodies, Immigrant Professional Associations, Employers, Industry, Government, English as an Additional Language facilitators, Post-Secondary institutions, RPL Consultants, and Career Development groups to help each other understand and apply the various uses of the RPL process:
- The RPL process can be used to help individuals reflect on past experiences and learning. It can help individuals take stock of skills and abilities and set career and educational goals. In turn, these goals can assist people in moving forward by building upon what they already know and can do.
- The RPL process makes it possible for educational institutions, workplaces, professional bodies and other organizations to assess knowledge and skills for the purpose of awarding credit, granting professional status or advancing in a career.
- The RPL process can help individuals and organizations save time and money by filling in the gaps in learning, therefore avoiding having to repeat what people already know and can do. (CAPLA 2016 - Why PLAR/RPL?)
To continue to keep MPLAN workshops meeting the needs of the RPL community, we need Board members who represent a variety of service areas. If you are interested in becoming a Board member please contact MPLAN at email@example.com
The following positions will be open for the 2018-2019 year: