MPLAN’s Autumn Learning, on October 4, 2012, was a great success! Over 20 participants gathered for the breakfast event at Winnipeg Technical College to hear the keynote speaker, Don Presant (President, Learning Agents), present on ePortfolios for Learning, Qualification Recognition and Workplace Competency in 2012 – A Global Perspective.
Don shared some fascinating information on ePortfolios, managing your digital identity, a variety of ePortfolio platforms/resources, and the Open Badges initiative. He provided an update on Career Portfolio Manitoba (http://careerportfolio.mb.ca/) - an Essential Skills ePortfolio for Employability. Examples were shared on how ePortfolios are used for qualification recognition, academic, career development, employment and continuing professional development. If you missed this MPLAN event, you can check out Don’s presentation at http://bit.ly/epin2012
Here’s what participants had to say!
- Very good overview of state of ePortfolio development
- Informative / innovative as usual
- Great to be provided with relevant info and lots of great resources
- Very knowledgeable on the topic
- Exceeded – loved the way you managed the technology and used so many samples
- Relevant personally, professionally and for instruction
- Informative and easy to follow
- Very good examples of what is out there
- Very excited – just what I needed to be validated re: ePortfolios
- Very important as a future area of development
- Very relevant especially with the way social media is developing and the increasing importance of computers in our lives
Update on MPLAN Strategic Plan 2012-2015 and MPLAN Website.
Lauren Waples, Past Chair of MPLAN, provided a brief overview of the new MPLAN Strategic Plan (link to MPLAN Strategic Plan PowerPoint slides)
Don Presant led the group through the new MPLAN website (www.mbplar.ca) outlining the improved features and direction as a communication hub for RPL/PLAR in Manitoba. Check it out at www.mbplar.ca. MPLAN members – be sure to create your Member Profile on this site.
MPLAN Learning Event- December 5, 2012
Don’t miss MPLAN’s Festive Learning Event on December 5, 2012 from 11:30 – 2:00 p.m. Join us for lunch and hear presenters share updates on workshops from the CAPLA 2012 Conference - Recognizing Learning, Skills and Competencies: Strengthening Today’s Workplace for a Better Tomorrow. Location information will be announced shortly.