MPLAN RPL Advising Workshop
On November 28, 2019, MPLAN held a morning workshop on policies and procedures for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) advising held at the University of Winnipeg.
To view recorded session please click here. Thank you to Anthony and the U of W tech team!
- recent work that Workplace Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (WPLAR) has been doing in supporting employers around defining priority competencies for hiring and interviewing;
- an Adult Learning Centre’s use of Accuplacer for placement of students, and assessment of prior learning against Manitoba Education and Training learning outcomes, in the Mature High School Program; and
- policies and methodologies for working on RPL with post-secondary students in college and in university.
Thursday, November 28, 2019
9:00 – 9:30 Registration and Networking
9:30 – 12:30 Main Event - Variety of Speakers
Workshop Speakers (see powerpoints and resources attached below):
Host: Colin Russell, Registrar, University of Winnipeg, MB
- Lauren Waples, Manager, Academic Quality and RPL, Red River College of Applied Arts Science and Technology, Winnipeg, MB
- Ann Pedersen, RPL Advisor, Red River College of Applied Arts Science and Technology, Winnipeg, MB
- Valerie McInnis, Faculty Development Coach, Assiniboine Campuses, Brandon, MB
- Gabe Mercier, Director of Assiniboine Community College, Parkland Campus, Dauphin, MB
- Lindsay Laidlaw, Strategic Advisor, WPLAR and WEM, Winnipeg, MB
- (Regrets from Robyn McEvoy, ECE and Qualifications Specialist for the Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Program, Dept of Families, Winnipeg, MB)
- Stephanie Rozzi, Adult Learner Advisor, University of Winnipeg, MB