Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Time: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Central Time)
Red River College - Notre Dame Campus
2055 Notre Dame Avenue
eTV Studio B (Building G; Room GM33)
Join us in person or access individual presentations online via live stream.
9:30 – 10:00 a.m. Registration and Informal Networking
10:00 – 10:15 a.m. *Opening and Welcome – MPLAN and Red River College
10:15 – 11:00 a.m. *Access and Advising Supports - What’s Key?
- Nadia Mahmood - Manager, Diversity & Immigrant Student Support; Red River College
11:00 – 11:30 a.m. * Presentations: Advisors – Champions in RPL
- Barbara Read - Coordinator, Adult Learning Services and PLAR Student Services; University of Winnipeg
- Lauren Waples - RPL Advisor; Red River College
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch and MPLAN AGM
1:00 – 1:30 p.m. *Presentation of the MPLAN PEARL (Pursuit of Excellence in the Assessment and Recognition of Learning) Awards
1:45 – 3:15 p.m. *Assessing Prior Learning - What’s Key
- Stacey Thorarinson-Hoff - Registrar; Winnipeg Technical College
- Deb Blower - RPL Facilitator; Red River College
3:15 – 3:30 p.m. Networking and Refreshments
3:30 – 4:30 p.m. *Recognizing Prior Learning – Success!
How to register for the RPL Symposium – Celebrating and Recognizing Learning
Review the registration options below, select one and then complete the registration process.
Option A: Full-Day Participants
If you plan to attend the full-day event in person (i.e. including all presentations, lunch, MPLAN AGM and PEARL Awards), please:
- Complete the convenient online registration, now available from the Event Registration section on MPLAN’s website.
- Pay the RPL Symposium registration fee which includes all presentations, refreshment breaks, lunch and AGM.
- Email Carolyn Schmidt (Administrative Assistant, RPL Services - Red River College) at email@example.com if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- See Red River College Parking information below.
Event fee: MPLAN Members - $40.00
Non-members - $50.00
Please note: Please register early as space in the eTV Studio is limited and expected to fill quickly.
Red River College Parking: Visitors coming to Red River College for the RPL Symposium may park in Lots 2W, 3W or 4W (Student Parking). From Notre Dame Avenue, enter at Entrance 4 (Lorimer Lane). Purchase your ticket from the ticket dispenser and display it in your vehicle ($1.50/hour or $7.00/day). You may park in any spot which is not labeled Staff Parking. Use the entrance between Buildings E and F and go down to the Mall level (lowest level) to the eTV Studio (GM33, next to the North Gym).
Option B: RRC Faculty & Staff
If you are RRC faculty or staff and plan to drop in during the day (i.e. to view resources or attend presentations), but will not be participating in the lunch and MPLAN AGM, please:
- Email Carolyn Schmidt (Administrative Assistant, RPL Services - Red River College) at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you will be attending a presentation(s). Carolyn can assist you if you need any other information prior to the Symposium. Please register early as space is limited and expected to fill quickly.
Option C: Online Participants
If you plan to view any of the presentations via live stream access on your computer, please:
- Email Carolyn Schmidt (RPL Assistant, RPL Services - Red River College) at email@example.com and indicate that you wish to access one or more of the RPL Symposium presentations via live stream (see presentation times noted on the Agenda). Please note: The MPLAN AGM will not be live streamed.
- You will receive information about how to log on to access the live streaming video presentations for the May 22 RPL Symposium.