MPLAN RPL Advising Workshop
(See Registration Form)
MPLAN invites you to a workshop on policies and procedures for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) advising; in person at the University of Winnipeg or via live-stream. The presentations will feature:
- recent work that Workplace Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (WPLAR) has been doing in supporting employers around defining priority competencies for hiring and interviewing;
- an Adult Learning Centre’s use of Accuplacer for placement of students, and assessment of prior learning against Manitoba Education and Training learning outcomes, in the Mature High School Program;
- eligibility and competency requirements for PLA in the Province of Manitoba’s Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Program; and
- policies and methodologies for working on RPL with post-secondary students in college and in university.
See list of speakers below.
DATE: Thursday, November 28, 2019
TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
DEADLINE to Register for morning workshop:
Please register using MPLAN's online form by Friday, November 22, 2019.
In-person: Please join us at the University of Winnipeg in Room 1L06, first floor Lockhart Hall, Winnipeg MB
Via Live-Stream: Once your registration fees have been received and confirmed, we will email your unique live-streaming link prior to the event for testing and viewing purposes.
On or before November 22, 2019
Live-Streaming Link Flat Rate: $25
MPLAN Members attending in person: $30
Non-Members attending in person: $40
*No invoicing available. For this event, early bird and live-streaming registrations will only be accepted by electronic payment (eTransfer, PayPal or a Credit Card over the phone). Cash and cheques accepted at the door if you are attending in person.
Please fill out the online registration form.
Thursday, November 28, 2019
9:00 – 9:30 Registration and Networking
9:30 – 12:00 Main Event - Variety of Speakers
Morning Workshop Speakers will include:
- Valerie McInnis, Faculty Development Coach, Assiniboine Campuses, Brandon, MB
- Gabe Mercier, Director of Assiniboine Community College, Parkland Campus, Dauphin, MB
- Lindsay Laidlaw, Strategic Advisor, WPLAR and WEM, Winnipeg, MB
- Robyn McEvoy, ECE and Qualifications Specialist for the Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Program, Dept of Families, Winnipeg, MB
- Stephanie Rozzi, Adult Learner Advisor, University of Winnipeg, MB
- Colin Russell, Registrar, University of Winnipeg, MB
- Lauren Waples, Manager, Academic Quality and RPL, Red River College of Applied Arts Science and Technology, Winnipeg, MB
- Ann Pedersen, RPL Advisor, Red River College of Applied Arts Science and Technology, Winnipeg, MB