MPLAN Military RPL Workshop
For video link, click HERE.
Held on May 7, 2019, this workshop is partnered with RPL Services at Red River College, the University of Winnipeg and Brandon University.
Regular and reserve members of the Canadian Forces want to upgrade or continue their education during their time of service. Retiring and releasing members and veterans want to transition into education and employment in civilian life.
Recognition of Prior Learning is an important means for individuals who have learned so much during their military service to be able to save time and effort and be appropriately placed in educational institutions, where they make great students, and in the workplace, where they make great employees.
MPLAN is pleased to provide a workshop where you can learn about policies and processes in Manitoba post-secondary institutions to facilitate pathways for learners with military experience, and opportunities for Manitoba employers to take advantage of the skills that prospective employees with military experience bring to the workforce. You will hear from representatives from educational institutions, employers, support personnel within the military, and students who will speak about their own experience.
Workshop Speakers include:
• Nigel Whittaker (Col), Assistant Chief of Staff Support, 3rd Canadian Division, Department of National Defence
• Warren Otto, Academic Advisor, Military Support Office, Extended Education, University of Manitoba
• Lauren Waples, RPL Facilitator, RPL Services, Red River College of Applied Arts Science and Technology
• Colin Russell, Registrar, University of Winnipeg
• Stephanie Rozzi, Adult Learner Advisor, University of Winnipeg
• Scott Freer (OCdt), UW student and serving member at 17 Wing Winnipeg
• Captain Jacob Pacheco, Wing Personnel Selection Office, 17 Wing Winnpeg
• Chris Toews, Oak, Ash and Thorn
• Carol Paul, Manitoba Construction Sector Council
• Darcey Hormann, CP Rail
• Ken Webb, Canadian Forces Liaison Committee, Manitoba and North West Ontario
Watch video HERE.
See Powerpoint PDFs attached below.